How It All
In the early 1900’s… led by God, the Shakarian family escaped the Holocaust in Armenia and made their home in Downey, California where they started a 20-Acre dairy with three cows. Faith in God, good judgment and hard work eventually multiplied that first little herd one-thousand fold, until in 1943 the Shakarian herd had reached three thousand, the largest private dairy in the United States at that time. Their story is found in the book, “The Happiest People on Earth,” read by millions of people and translated into 25 languages.
In 1953, after receiving a God-given vision (click here to read about the vision), Demos Shakarian started FGBMFI as one small chapter of businessmen meeting every week in Clifton’s Cafeteria in Los Angeles, California. Learn More
In 1970's[porto_history label=””]Ghana’s Fellowship started in 1970’s, 23 years after the Fellowship has been established. The first outreach meeting was organized by Mr. Joseph Kwaw at the Zero Room of the then Ambassador Hotel in Accra in 1976.
The First Chapter of the Fellowship was formally inaugurated on 8th February, 1977 at the then Continental Hotel, now Golden Tulip Hotel.
To the Glory of God, the numbers kept increasing on weekly basis as men of different professional backgrounds met to fellowship and share in the joy of finding Christ. Hundreds of younger professionals, civil and public servants were being drawn into the fellowship, impressed by the quality of membership. Membership grew in leaps and bounds in Accra and the regions.
The Fellowship also moved beyond the geographical confines of Ghana over the years, outreaching to other West African countries.
Members enthusiastically gave and continue to give their resources to support the activities of the Fellowship for the spread of the Good News through the sharing of their life testimonies based on their experience and life in Jesus Christ.
Currently, the fellowship has over 140 Chapters spread in all the Regions in Ghana. The team of National Officers is made up of 3 International Directors, 30 National Directors and 41 Field Representatives, with over 3,000 members.[/porto_history]